Friday, October 25, 2013

Technology in Kindergarten

We went to the community room and worked with Mrs. Hayes on a math technology connection today. The technology connections in bridges (our math program) are optional computer activities that reinforce and extend some of the lessons and activities we have done in class. These computer activities enable us to handle pattern blocks and simple quilt blocks in ways that aren't possible with physical manipulatives. It was amazing! I showed students a few things about the program and then gave them some "I wonder . .. " statements.

"I wonder if you can erase the shapes."
"I wonder what wound happen if you clicked this"
"I wonder if you can move the shapes out of your design"

Then I backed away and let the students lead. They explored, experimented, discovered, and taught each other. The student to student interactions were incredible.









No comments:

Post a Comment