Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Shape In My Pocket

One of our favorite new games is "There's a shape in my pocket." It is a guessing game that began with a review of the shape cards that we have been using to learn about shapes, attributes and sorting. After we looked the cards over and shared what we noticed about the shapes in the pocket chart I told them one of the shapes was in my pocket. To find out what shape it was students asked questions to eliminate shapes from the chart until the only shape left was the one in my pocket. The questions were guided by our attribute cards including size, color, shape, straight lines, curved sides, and number of corners. By playing this game (over & over :)) we practiced the following skills:
  • describing shapes by their attributes
  • questioning
  • sorting to solve a problem

No comments:

Post a Comment